No matter how much books you read, how much you observe and how much you experience it, man will never get it.
I just ended a conversation with her and I realised it. Trust man to find reasons and solutions to all the problems we have, that's why we are never good listeners. Women pour their heart out just to have a listening ear, while man go all out trying to be Mr Solution.
This time its about a family dinner she has.
Apparently, an aunt of hers always treats her whole extended family to dinner probably because of some luck in the lottery or healthy returns from her flower business. So she mentioned to me on Friday night that she has to go for it, and it takes places at this seafood places which doesn't like.
So out of curiousity, she asked if I wanted to go. Considering its her aunt's treat, I shared my views with her that its quite odd to be there. Its like who am I to feed on her aunt's profits or winnings, unless its like her grandmother's birthday or something like that, I will be present.
To my amazement, she too felt the same. So I thought it was like cased closed, good night, end of story.
But no. The thing arised again when we met her dad, asking her whether I would be going. Then she started probing me whether I wanted to come on Sunday morning. I already told her I didn't want to, but she wanting me to come just kept asking me, hoping I would change my mind.
Maybe I'm not sweet enough to give in to her, but its like guys have feelings too, don't we? Its like first we agreed that I shouldn't be there, then now at the last moment you want me to be there. Perhaps its just me not being nice enough, indeed.
Sometimes all these issues of her getting upset and stuff makes me wonder whether I'm good enough for her. Try as I might, its really tough for guys to read women's minds. You say something but you mean another thing, that I know, but what's 'another thing'?
We (man) will never know. So please tell us, spare us the enormous task of finding out why you are upset about. Picture a guy in a spacesuit drifting in the universe full of stars and planet, totally no clue where to start or go. You're looking at him now.
To all my friends out there, I'm really sorry that I haven't fulfill my promise of meeting up with you or replying your messages. I still care and want to know what's happening in your life, but I don't want to make my dear unhappy. As you know I prefer one-to-one meetings, my dear is a little sensitive on that.
I love her and respect that. So please understand. =p
This extends to special people, childhood friends like Jeraldine and Stephanie, band friends/seniors/juniors like Shufen, Felicia, Kiong Wee, Christopher, Wei Lun, Grace, Ridza and my trumpet babes, classmates Serene, Xueli, Ridzuan, Chee Wei and all my other friends, Johnathan, Evelyn, May Chen, etc...
Until we meet again, take care!
2:43 am;