I envy no man, becos I got to soar the skies and taste true freedom...
Tuesday, August 14, 2007
Tuesday 14/08:

Today is my OCS buddy birthday! Yay! Messaged him with my aussie number, wonder if he would know its me. LoL!

Anyway, due to yesterday's incident of AIS On light illuminated during flight, our entire squadron is now on safety stand down, in other words, no flying till further notice. Usually takes about a day or two before everything resumes to normal again, but this time its pretty serious.

At least I managed to cover a simulator event today, so that keeps an event a day going!


Monday 13/08:

Double turned two IF sorties today, kinda tiring but a good sense of achievement was felt. No longer do my grades or how much difficulty I went through in the flight itself affects me, its more of covering my flying events and finishing them asap.

My first flight was a pretty messed up one, too long of a weekend was what Cpt J Lim said, and he said that the second flight wouldn't be much better. So I took a challenge from him, betting on a meal, that I would be able to fly better and prove him wrong.

Guess who won the bet?

None other than me of course! The fact that I was able to perform previously and not the first flight showed the effects of what a very long weekend can do indeed. Coupled with Monday, Morning and Working Blues.

I concussed at 10pm, which was pretty early by my standards, guess you all know why.


Sunday 12/08:

Woke up around 930am, before we went for Emma's for some grocery shopping. In light of yesterday's acheivement, I happily spent about A$50 of food and snacks.

Checked out of All Seasons, and headed back to base, grabbing some Macdonald on our way back.

Always feel good to be back in the comfort of your own room, almost as if like being home again. But of course nothing beats the real thing, which is less than 70days away I hope.

Just chilled and studied the whole day, nothing much really.


Saturday 11/08:

BEST WEEKEND EVER!

I will personally never forget such an experience.

Despite being down A$300 from last night, decided to give it another go. We had 'Tim Sum' lunch at Golden Century before heading to Burswood again.

For a period of time, I managed to recoup last night's losses and still had some profits, but in the end I lost A$75, meaning A$375 in total. Compared to the other guys, mine was already on the lower end.

We breaked for dinner at this beautiful Italian restaurant. The place is so small but yet cosy to the extent that the table surface was not enough to hold all the dishes and getting in and out of the restaurant requires some serious squeezing to be done.

Nevertheless, the food was really good, a whooping A$25 from each person, satis! The queue was pretty long so I took the time to tell my mom about my experience in the casino, and I was quite surprised that she didn't say much even though I was already down by quite a lot.

From there, it was back to the casino again! This time, it was a Major comeback. Not only did I recouperated what I lost over the two days, I gained a cool A$200-300 in profits. The moment I hit that figure, I knew it was time to cash out, and there my night ended.

While the others were still trying to fight back or getting more gains, a few of us drove down to the Perth and Northbridge. The nightlife there is really incredible. From what we usually see in the day, it totally different in the night. Shops that will never seen open in the day are like the happening places to be in the night.

Okie so Joel, Alvin, Siva, Chee Wee and I like enjoyed ourselves totally. Reached back the hotel about 2am, the others were still working hard in the casino.


Friday 10/08:

Off from our National Day, its the one day where we visited Perth on a weekend! Able to see working people in their suits and students in their uniform, and of course the heavy congestion on the roads coupled with really bad weather of intermitent rain.

By the time we left base was around lunchtime, so we were kinda hungry already. And boss suddenly called asking us to join him for lunch at this really cool japanese restaurant. It was quite a hard place to locate, that by the time we reached, it was about the close.

We checked in to All Seasons Hotel, before heading out to Perth to shop a little, prior to having dinner at this at this nice Chinese restaurant at Northbridge, eating up till 1 dish per person. So there was like 16 of us and we had about 18 dishes to go around! Shocking indeed.

So after such meal, it was finally time to hit the pits. Test of luck and skill, of slot machines and tables. Played mainly blackjack and bacarat, the rest I was pretty much clueless.

The night lasted till 3-4am where we had supper/breakfast at this place where we ate porridge and 'you tiao'. What a surprise to find such food here, and at this time too!
11:24 pm;

a.
1.

2.

3.

4.

b.
1.

2.

3.


c.


.

planes.
CT4B - AGC [150805-170905] S211 - BWC [150107-251007] EC120 - RWC [121107-261108]

archieves.

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com