This post is specially dedicated to a friend in need. You know who you are don't you? =p
Before I begin, I'm glad you started to put down my name rather than my nickname in your blog. =)
Everyone have their own expectations of how their 'perfect' partner should be, but we all also know that there will be no such 'perfect' person. As close as one who get, he/she would never be 'The One'.
Personally I feel that my partner should at least meet some of the major criterias, just like you. But that's me, and I also seriously discourage you from it. Unless you're able to be independent by yourself, and really lucky to find 'The One'.
Being ambitious is one thing, taking things one at a time is another. Both has its pros and cons of course. But if its part of your criterias, I have no say in that at all. But I feel a balance of both is good, not too much of the extreme to other side.
Love is a really beautiful thing. We don't know when and how it hits us, but it does when we least expect it. Don't you think so? I could remember how happy it was to be in love, how I would miss someone so much despite having spent the whole day with while on my way home and how it hurts when things go wrong.
All that is now just a chapter of my life journey, part of experiencing and learning, which I really did from her. However it was after some clear minded thinking to realise that why it didn't go on was because of our minds, rather than our hearts.
We should never let our mind take control of our feelings, because that's not their job. Our heart is our primary organ to feel, to love and to express all other feelings. That's the most important lesson I learnt from her.
And that is the point I want to bring to you, let you heart decide for you. I'm not saying to not think about it ,but rather listen and trust your feelings. Personally, that's how we all will eventually know when we actually know that this certain person is 'The One' whom we will be spending the rest of our lives with.
Think about it, revert to me on any doubts at all.
Touching on some profession advice for you, I've come across this through some reading, hope it helps! (Applies more to females, rather than males.)
Love is about all Chemistry, below is a guide you can use to help ease your decision making. Remember, it is just another school of thought, guideline which I personally think its true. Whether you want to apply it, its really up to you.
1) Do you feel comfortable with each other and is it easy to get close to each other?
1a) Able to communicate openly, and of course genuinely liking the guy and he making you feel that he likes you too.
1b) Able to tell him anything and all the things you would never share with anyone.
2) Do you feel safe being in a relationship with each other?
2a) Knowing that he would rarely hurt you with the things he do or say.
2b) Trust in each other. Never need to hide the real you and can show you who you really are and feel accepted.
2c) Security, able to take care of himself (part of financially) and stand up for you.
3) Do you have fun with each other?
3a) Fun is the glue of intimacy, is there lightness, laughter, play and even sillyness when you two are together? Of course need not be all the time, some moderation.
3b) It can be simple things like just chatting at a coffee stand or to making a meal together, do you feel like you enjoyed yourself?
4) Do you have real affection and passion for each other?
4a) More of the sexual part, but can be applied to the verbal, emtional and other physical aspects. Affection, which need not be hugs, kisses and caresses but more of the entire package. Be it your calling other special names that others do not address you with, or simple compliments or playful teasing or even little joking insults.
5) Do you feel real mutual respect for each other?
5a) Feel the respect for who he is and what he is doing with his life and not who could be in the future but rather who he actually is.
5b) Do you see him as a guy as a whole or rather a person who needs to sort himself out? And also if trouble finds their way to him, do you think he is able to rise to the occasion?
That's about it, of course there's more to it, but I just summarised the key things that I thought are really important. Should you need more, you know who to find already. =p
Just a quick short summary of myself:
1) I cleared my Area Solo and enjoyed myself greatly.
2) Next up is the General Handling Test (GHT) which is due next week.
3) I'm not really doing very well for this period of time and also affected greatly with my physical capabilities to handle the 'G' forces derived from all the aerobatic maneuvors.
4) My course is being pushed to fly in order to catch up with the kind of progression we should be having, so that's explain why I'm not free.
5) We're unofficially the most senior course here now, our immediate senior course are all due to return back to Singapore by next week.
6) I could use some support and encouragement from all to help me tide through this tough time. =) I got suspended from flying after my flight today. But after seeing the doctor, everything is back to normal again, flying solo tomorrow somemore. It's so funny how things can change so fast within a day. (For pride's sake, it is never my inability to fly that gets me suspended.)
With it, everyone take care of yourselves. Hear from me not so soon... I'm still catching up with you all from your blogs, so continue to update diligently okie?
7:30 pm;