Well I was planned for 2 events, and guess what, both got cancelled. Oh great, really great. Apparently the weather was surprisingly good, almost nil wind and clear skies, unlike the prediction of overcasts skies and rain.
I was so bored the whole day that I went around the squadron helping out anyone who needed it. Read lots of The Straits Times, which were mostly back dated.
Even though I didn't get my usual 7 hours mandatory hours of sleep, I felt quite okie, like normal. Must be because of the excess sleep I had over the weekend. But those were to catch up on the lost sleep for the last working week.
Anyway, had a chat with Liwei last night. It was funny how we even started it. She kinda just came back from a holiday and were chatting online till it changed to over the phone. Been a while since I last contacted her, well she lost her handphone so was unable to keep in contact.
Apparently she was laughing throughout the conversation, which was good I guess? Happy go lucky girl, wish she could stay like that forever. =)
Sunday 24/06:
Didn't even feel like catching up in the game with my guys, and thanks to Tze How I had something to do on a beautiful Sunday.
Started on the first season of Grey's Anatomy, pretty interesting series, makes me feel like wanting to be a doctor too. But I seriously doubt it. Not to mention the studies required and also having people's lives in your hands is too much for me.
Somehow, being a pilot and surgeon seems pretty similar. Everyday we're faced with different tasks to tackle, for us weather and mission with doctors dealing with senarios of every kind you can think of.
However, there's one thing I would like to point out. Before I touch on that, I extracted an interesting phase used in the series, "Everyday people put their lives in danger, but that doesn't mean they want to die.
The one thing that differentiates pilots from surgeons is that its our lives that is in the line when we screw up. We don't walk away feeling dejected like how one would feel after losing a patient's life on the operating table.
I have a close primary school friend who is currently in NUS doing medicine. I wonder if he is ever ready to take on that responsibility of handling people's lives. I know I'm not.
Did I mention beautiful weather? Clear blue sky to overcast skies with dark clouds to heavy rain to windy star filled skies. Winter is so here, and I don't even got any thermas for my flight suit! =)
Saturday 23/06:
Didn't go anywhere today, so I kinda had a lot of time to myself. Instead of the catching up with the guys online, I decided it was time out for me. Something's missing.
Grabbed Benjamin's harddisk to watch some movies. I watched this Korean movie, "A Moment to Remember" which was really something I needed. If you ever watched it before, you'll understand, if not go watch it. Oh I really liked this Korean actress, wonder where I've seen her before.
After that was Kingdom of Heaven, something about religious wars. Then King Arthur about
Romes and Britons and lastly Dragon Squad which lasted me till 5am into Sunday.
Friday 22/06:
Safety stand down.
To be Continued...
8:08 pm;