Its 3am in the morning and here I am.
Surprised? I am...
Been a while yet again, busy as usual. What else?
Planned to fly 2 events, one aerobatics and the other Pearce circuits. Wonder how I'm going to cope with the physical demands of the 1st sortie.
Losing of sleep of whether I should whether go to fighters a not. It's not a matter of a fact that I don't have the ability to be with the best, but more of other reasons. As mentioned earlier, the physical demands out weighs the rest.
We'll see how it goes...
Tuesday 19/06:
What a BORING day! Goodness gracious. Days when you're not planned to fly at all. Practically a waste of time to be at work. Other than the duties to perform due to no flying commitments, from the moment I stepped in, I was really counting the time where I could leave.
The weekly stats report states that a weekly completion of 3.83 events would see most of us to 15th Oct. So if I'm looking at 4 events minimum for this week, with Monday's flight cancelled and not planned today, means I'm yet again going to be pushed towards the end of the week.
Why can't it be one per day, something more manageable? Aerobatic sorties are not something to be taken likely, especially flying with D Singh, non-stop steep turns, wing-overs and loops.
Monday 18/06:
Came to work with an amazing discovery. Apparently we have 4 instructors not coming to work, either due medical or urgent leave reasons. For once the strength of the instructors is so disturbing.
With that, 10 events were cancelled for the day, 1 of which was mine of course, which makes me pretty demoralised. Oh wells, which means tonight will be a yet another marathon especially with me not planned to fly tomorrow.
Night flying was cancelled due to strong winds, something which I had nothing to do with until I had to help Siva cover his duty just because he was double turned tomorrow.
Anyway, ran with Joel, Zheng Nan and Zi Hao. Quite surprised that my computer didn't hang as many times as it would normally would.
Sunday 17/06:
Woke up to go have breakfast with Joel, Raymond, Xavier, Chee Wee, Jian Lin and Zheng Nan at Mean Bean cafe. Simply love the ceasar salad there. It was the usual gang of players which resulted in game talk.
Didn't do much today, not even join the guys online. Hid in the comfort of my bed, nice music, cooling temperature and fine wine, reading my book, falling asleep when tired. What a splendid way to spend a Sunday.
Living by myself for more than 5 months now, I discovered pretty interesting things of myself. My love for Pokka Green Tea, having minimum 3 pillows on the bed, need of bacon and caesar salad, fruits especially grapes (to think that my mum constantly forces me to eat them which I refused to), appreciation of wine (its insanely cheap here) and reading books (I really hated it back in school, probably because we were always forced to).
Oh well, everyday is a learning day.
Saturday 16/06:
Had lunch at James' Kitchen with boss and our course commander. Was surprised to see boss to join us, but always welcomed. The food was really good, especially the fried fish, reminds me of the one I used to have at Geylang.
Walked around in Perth city with the guys who were shopping. Other than groceries, I didn't get anything else, except tempted with this cool shades I saw that I wanted to get my hands on. Pretty amazed at how much clothings some of my guys can buy too.
Watched Oceans Thirteen, not as good as the previous 2, no longer have that unexpected factor it used to have, but still alright. Barely worth the A$15 we paid to watch it, with the kind of low seats where you would not be able to rest your head if you were to sit properly.
Dinner at this nice Italian restaurant down south of Perth. Had vongole as usual, just like what I always have in Pasta Mania. It was really good stuff, and so were the chilli mussells.
I'm still pretty shocked to know that there's no Starbucks here in Perth, but there is Gelare here. Bought hot chocolate to fight off the cold while waiting for the cab, while some bought ice cream. A phrase derived from a chinese poverb, "Fight poison with poison". LoL...
3:02 am;