From such a flight yesterday, today's a different story. Weather came, turned things upside down but there you have, a very pleased Edwin.
Here's what happened:
1) I came in the later in time which was 0800H instead of the 0700H. Even though 1 hour may mean nothing to you but it does to me. Waking up with/without the sun in sky makes a lot of difference.
2) Weather set in, much earlier than what the meteorological officer predicted. Usually he's pretty accurate, but as we know weather is unpredictable.
3) Unlike yesterday, A Teo didn't stress me like what he did. Without all those I could perform and was pretty pleased with it. He wasn't shy with the praises, neither was I with accepting them.
But still he put this point straight to me, upon given stress I tend to lose out on all my parameters in my flying, which is poor airmanship for fighters. That's where he would be training me in.
A sense a satisfaction derived from today, where a long time ago, after failing my 3rd simulator prior to a actual flight, I was in his office for the wrong reasons. To be able to put up a such a sortie to show him that I'm no longer like I was in the past really puts me on cloud 9.
4) Landed in GinGin due to P/G instead of P/G/P. Was able to see our course's last solo guy in action. Also managed to enjoy the good food that was cooked there! Thumbs Up!
5) Prior to taking off for my second flight back to Pearce, a call came informing us that all flights would to be cancelled. But the aircraft still needs to be back in Pearce, so it became a ferry flight. A Teo showed me what it takes to be fighter pilot and how to be one.
Aside from the side bet among us students on who would be recovering first in Pearce, which I won by miles and miles. No chance. Free dinner tonight!
Not only did I cruise at a now record-breaking 320kts, I saw a turn in pitch from low level to glide and almost instanteous base to land with incredible braking. I was like, "Oh My Goodness." Plus cold sweat.
Now that earned me bragging rights, haha. Already airborne while the rest of my guys still starting up on the ground. Already walking back to frontline when the second aircraft just flew past us.
Absolutely spectacular!
6:04 pm;