I envy no man, becos I got to soar the skies and taste true freedom...
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Friday 01/09:

Today is the day. At long last I guess?

Didn't even know what I had signed up for.

It would be the first time I would be staying in a hospital and also dressed in that blue clothing. Actually just two pieces of cloth, worn one back and front.

"Now I know how she felt..." That thought first went through my mind. (Knowing everyone would keep asking me who's that she.)

I lay there on the bed, resigning to my fate, trying to get my mom to go home and stop worrying about me.

"Why should she be worried when I'm not?" Did I say I was not worried?

They kept asking me for my name, nirc, allergic to any drug, etc. Countless times. I entered some super clean room, where I sat on the couch and watch Oprah. Then I lay on a bed, beside the operating threatre.

An anethetist came up to me and inserted a needle into my vein on my left hand, that felt really uncomfortable.

Pushed into the operating threatre, still recalling all that drilling I heard from the previous patient. All the lights on the ceiling, I looked around and saw the nurses, the doctor going to operate on me and all the equipment.

Strapped in, plugged in and the last thing I could remember was the doctor telling me I'm going to feel very sleepy in a moments time. So true!

When I regained consciousness, it was already nearing noon, meaning everything was over. I felt weak, but my mind was starting to gather information of my surroundings. As I started to turn my head and roll my eyes analysing, a nurse asked about my well being. I was rolled back into the ward.

There I had to 'jump' onto the ward bed by myself, all my muscles were regaining their strength, surely but slowly. I lay there helplessly, still feeling drowsy.

Couldn't remember how many times I lost conscious or should it be fell asleep? The first few times were because of the pain I was starting to feel from the surgery. Even reaching out to press the button to call the nurse was hard. Felt totally helpless!

The painkillers took awhile before it took effect, the nurse also helped me to change the gauze in my mouth, which I didn't even know about it in the first place! Opening my mouth was already like it could kill, not to mention change the gauze.

Trying my best in doing that, and not able to control my mouth at all, I spilled a lot of blood onto the bed and my clothings. That was really gross. As much as I tried to clear the blood in my mouth, it seemed like it won't stop.

On one of my 'waking up' moments, saw my mom already by my side. She brought the book I wanted her to kill time. Only managed to read a few pages before I went unconscious again.
At that time, I really can't wait to get discharged.

Towards 3pm, my body was aching a little from too much rest and staying put in that upright lying position. But my mind was already clear, but the bleeding never stopped. Finally able to discharge after the doctor came and examined me! Collected some medicine before we took a bus back.

I really hope I would never step into the hospital for any reasons like that, must really take care of my health. Its so terrible...

Anyway, to all my dearest family and friends, my apologies for keeping you in the dark about it. It's not because you are not important to be informed but rather because your are too important that I decided not to tell you.

But also to those who knew, which was after the successful operation, thanks also. Somehow it was good to know that there are people who care. Just that we don't spell it out so oftenly.

My grandmom popped by to check me out, they were both telling me not to go for the class gathering I'm having later in the evening. Of course that fell on deaf ears, I even took the car!

Picked Aunt Mei up, not before going to the wrong condominium, and later meeting up with the rest at Suntec, mostly late as usual. Great to see all of them again, well not all but most, and of course those who are more dear to me!

Ate at Marche, of course I couldn't eat, so I drank a little and tried a little food so as to blend in a little? Was having some difficulty talking due to the gauzes in my mouth, so I was kinda muffled.

It was all fun, talking, celebrating birthday, taking photos and stuff. Decided to go play pool at Parkway, something that I suggested! Haha... That Chee Wei left us to meet his girlfriend, best man! -_-

Almost forgot to put coupon, but luckily Peiyun reminded me! Games were great, won Tian Cai and Serene, but not without some funny moments from them! LoL! After all that, it was really tiring and my mouth was hurting more.

Drove Aunt Mei home, dropping birthday boy Edwin Z and Jason before that, then Kok Siang and Shou Zhi. Then when I was all ready to sleep, Shou Zhi had to call and tell me to meet him because he dropped his phone in my car!

What a Day...

Saturday 02/09:

Met up with Serene, after dropping my sister for service at expo. Had some food at CS's foodcourt before we rolled over to chill at Starbucks. She as pretty tired, poor thing.

I definitely must try my best to get out of ntu...

Sunday 03/09:

Still downing lots of crappy food, but also not much appetite for all that forbidden food that I can't eat now. Stop the porridge now!

Thank goodness for my mom, whipping up some variations now and then, otherwise I would have really died, literally man. Can't imagine how I will survive without them for 10months!
9:12 pm;

a.
1.

2.

3.

4.

b.
1.

2.

3.


c.


.

planes.
CT4B - AGC [150805-170905] S211 - BWC [150107-251007] EC120 - RWC [121107-261108]

archieves.

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com