Feeling kinda poor, but yet good.
Saw Mr Yang, nice guy as usual. Dropped by cgh, reluctantly...
The surgery date draws even closer. While waiting at the shuttle bus stand, looking at several people with their conditions, can't help think about what would happen to me when I grow old. Or perhaps something somewhere might happen like get run over by a car?
Wouldn't it be sad? I would have regretted it, probably because of all the things I felt deep down to all the people that meant to me...
Even so, knowing I would regret it, of course one won't see me going around saying things I always wanted to. Unless given a chance like my dying minutes on the deathbed, that is if I don't get instantly killed like by a speeding car. Actually I prefer sleeping and never waking up, thank you very much.
Anyway, when the bus took off, passing by the first bus stop on its way to Simei mrt, I saw this old college schoolmate, whom was a classmate of Christopher. Seen her around during those days, but didn't really talk, not once. I still remember what she wore for prom night, surprisingly.
What made me felt that she recognised me was when I saw her from a distance, memories involving flashing before me, refreshing and recalling her. After I passed by, I turned my head back and she also turned to my direction. Assumption, yes. Perhaps she just happened to turn that way?
When I reached central, checked out to see if Asst. Mgr. Fella was on shift, guess not. Went up the platform, missed the train. Drats. So there was I sitting there, dreading about not walking faster. Which was due to my train of thoughts following that bus ride.
And guess who I saw next, a primary schoolmate. First time I've seen her dress so, erm.., hot. Yeah but hot is one thing, character is another. But that's not the point. She was with another friend, also like her, but erm... hotter. Haha...
Didn't exchange any words, just acknowledged each other. Stood across and facing each other at the door. My was she busy with the chatting with her friend and the phone. Busy busy.
Had my teatime meal at tm, actually the first and last meal of the day. It was fantastic, =p. While waiting for my Taiwan crispy chicken, looked up and saw a bunch of tpjcians. And guess who I saw next?
Goodness gracious, a band junior, one from clarinet section. Okiee, like what's going on today? As soon as that was done, conjured a plan to do some avoiding actions.
Hey but nooooooooooooo. Somebody up there is playing with me today. As I was heading upstairs to Times, I met the whole bunch of them including her at the ground level escalator. Wow...
And when you think 3 times is enough, now guess who I met at Times. Ridzuan's girlfriend, another college schoolmate... o.O" Got my book, chat a while and headed for home. Been a while since I've seen her, hope both of them are doing well.
Went to get myself a frap, and she happened to be working too! A friend of xueyu's, whom I got to know of when I was hanging out there, and also partly because of the primary classmate I met earlier.
Seriously today... What can I say...
Friday 30/06:
A day to remember, night to be more specific. My ex-college civics tutor, Mrs Chew, we agreed to have dinner a week ago. And tonight was the night.
Waited for her at Pasir Ris mrt's platform, where we dropped of at Orchard to Pete's Restaurant at some hotel which I didn't catch the name.
The place was a pasta/pizza haven, nice ambience, something like Cafe Cartel, only more high class. I was kinda shocked actually, that she reserved a table. Upon seated, we were greeted by the manager, only to realise later that she's a regular customer there!
Okiee, so it was kinda high class, and I was wondering if they accept nets here? Brought only enough to cover a well-to-do meal in normal places but this, definitely not.
Of all the things I've learnt, I'm glad I've read them somewhere and successfully applied it today!
There was free flow bread too, like in Cartel, and the choices was like, putting a kid in a candy shop except the face that I don't have that much craving for bread like the kid has for his candy.
I was totally lost for words and spoilt for selection. She started choosing and slicing them up. And its not like me to have someone do that for me, but she insisted.
For the first time in my life, I felt really awkward. Felt the need to do something, I tried to 1) get plates for the bread, 2) get the butter or was it cheese, 3) hold the plates with the butter knifes. In the end, I was froze. Don't ask me why. At least I brought the plates to the table.
As soon as we started on the appetisers, the pizza came. But I loved the bread, even though I ain't no bread lover. A hundred times better than Cartel's for sure. Pizza was magnifico too! Had to eat most of it because she was a small eater.
The main course was brillant too, the combination of mash potatos with nicely done lamb and green peas. The complimentary of the tastes really got my taste buds all excited. Wow, I can still taste it as I'm typing it now. Goodness...
Ordered dessert, which was also great. The taste of rich creamy vanilla with their special lemon taste, its something new for me! She had hazelnut with strawberry, which looked stunning too.
She paid for the bill with a Visa card, and I thanked her straight after that. Seems like there was no chance for me to even mention how the payment would go. But after that, she asked me to call her Aunt Mei, rather than how we address her back in college.
Promised that it'll be my turn when I return from my long training in Australia, regardless of the outcome. I hope I won't vapourise from the surface of the Earth should things not go according to plan just like the previous incident.
Her husband, Uncle Eric came to pick us up in his ultra cool black Alpha Romeo. I was awe-struck to the max! Simply stunning! And as how we all know Aunt Mei in college, when she's with him, she's a totally 180degree different person.
From the way they speak, give their undivided attention and look at each other, can't help but envy them totally for being so loving! Who would guess it that life so good for both of them, being married for a while without any kids! How nice!
They dropped me off near home, which was very kind of them... After all that, I laid at the nearby playground, just thinking of what my future would be like. All those big dreams, big plans... I'm also curious who would it be, that would share all those with me! =p
Saturday 31/06:
Afternoon lessons, totally lathegic and restless. Couldn't really concentrate on anything, but just to wait out on the time during Navigation lessons. Went home to put my room into better order, for the sake of my visiting overseas grandmother (dad's mom). Room sacrificed yet again, what's new. Will be a wonderer yet again, carrying my labtop, pillow and blanket all over the house.
Watched S'pore Idol, totally no hope man. All the cute little 17year olds, can't even sing. But come to think of it, I didn't really know anything about last time's competition. Jonathan Leong, Twohill got hope, at least they belong there, unlike the rest.
Right now, I'm a little lost in direction. Cpt David gave us new light on what to expect of our future. Should I go pursue my degree?
10:18 pm;