Poor sleep, mom snoring like a zombie. Didn't even dare to look at the time.
Had driving, early in the morning. Lack of rest, but just go on with it. Morning rush, but it was fine. Previous mistakes all corrected for, learned blind spots and slow speed control today.
Ended a little off schedule, which was good. Studied hard for my final theory test, which was at 11.45am. Had about an hour and a half or so. Arrived there at 11.40am, and I was kinda 'late'. The briefing had begun and everyone was staring at me as I entered and walked to my seat, which was the at the end of the classroom.
2429 was my password, and so it begun. Of the 50 questions, I wasn't confident of 5 questions, but that's was fine. Just played with lady luck and ended the test. And there was it, Passed! Ahya, no kick!
Booked my tp test, left the place.
Met somebody for lunch, her workplace was really very nice, but kinda empty. To sum it up, it was really nice but something happened in the end. I don't know why, I'm lost too.
Anyway, was still comtemplating about going to the concert, combined arts performance. Went to city hall, walked around aimlessly. Had about 4 hours of time to think and kill if I would to go.
First city link's hmv, 1 hour. The rest of the time was at esplanade, by the bayside literally. Oh bought a pair of the long awaited shoes.
View was great, met many tourists, couple of cute japanese girls, korean people, thai nationals and much more. Helped to take some photos, and I was in some too? o.0" Erm what did they say, add a little of local taste into it. Haha, I was willing too, of course man! Hope they send me the pictures when they get back!
On to the concert, just when I needed a discreet seat, these two cute girls happen to be seating beside me were frantically waving to a Samantha from the flute, getting attention from the band people. LoL... But its too far to see anything...
Lots of things to say actually. I don't know where to begin and also how lenient/harsh I should be. Well here it goes:
From the start, warm up was... I couldn't bear to look and hear no more... The band was not following the cues of the conductor, not even coming in together decently, totally out of tune, playing his instrument (from trumpet section) when CO was warming up. I bet it was non other than him. Who else got such cocky arrogance? What do you think this it? School hall concert? Your own full band concert? Wake up your idea.
Applause, couldn't decide whether to stamp foots or clap hands, where's the unity?
Poor... One word to sum up the first piece, Santana. Supposed to be a moving jazzy piece, but what came out, sigh. Percussion people were dead, what happened to the stuff that Dr Lee says? Drummer was really poor, trumpets fanfare like mouse coming out from the miceholes. Conductor don't have any style, might as well use a timer or metronome?
And fancy using the band to play the sound for the dance club people to perform it. Well at least they could do that, the CO didn't or couldn't play the song for the chinese dance people. Disgraceful.
The piece Merry Widow Selections that the band performed, was messy. Even the girls beside were putting them down. Bass drummer not coming out when necessary, timing out, no or little tone variations
But I don't blame them. Being led by that unknown conductor, who the hell is he to conduct the band? How can anyone from the band let him even do that? I would NEVER play with him up there! Can't believe they actually let him do that. Total disrespect to Dr Lee!
You may be wondering who am I to say all these negative things, I'm nothing. And also don't bother asking why I'm not in it. Long story, and also nerve wrecking which can shake both heaven and earth if anyone would mention that b***h's name in front of me. I just hope she wasn't part of the band yesterday.
Just when I was about to leave after that, (that's the only reason why I came), they say no interval. And out came the modern indian dance and my was it good! Finally something that deserved cheers and applauses! They showed wat syncronisation meant!
The dikir barat was also very organised and impressive, something the band should learn too. Who needs a conductor just to be flashy or for show when they can auto run! Even though it started a little boring, that chubby guy brightened everything! Fantastic! Got those two ladies gone bursting with laughter. And my was it infectious.
Guitar was fine, gonna tell Ridzuan of how well they are! Mr ex-vice president of guitar club! Haha, the songs was nice! Winter Sonata and Yesterday Once More, which reminded two people in my life. One whom made a significant impact in my life and the other whom I met recently, also likewise. Wonder how they are doing now... The conductor looks the same too, so all is well.
The four people doing the talking and stuff really gave me goosebumps when talking from the future point of view. Bring my children to tpjc? With such principal and leacherous teachers there. If you have been reading the papers...
Chereography of the combined dancing was not bad, with such massive size and limited stage space. The end was kinda stressful when I saw the guitar club people strumming their strings so hard for the finale that it was like going to break!
And also some people from the horn section can't even display some basic manners, talking away in their own world, giving no due respect to the people performing in front of them.
Concert ended around 9pm and I'm outta of there. Made it home by 9.45pm and realised that I didn't have dinner except for that muffin. Pretty odd, supposed to be chocolate and banana muffin, but only found the banana at the bottom after starting from the top. Wished that it had more chocolate chips! =p
Mom whipped something up, together with my mushrooms I bought at ps, at least better than maggi noodles.
Was really tired, poor sleep, out the whole day. Sleep.
Wednesday 05/07:
Back to work, end of my first short leave. Work still the same, sigh. All that nonsense, what else.
It saddens me to see people breaking promises, especially a friend on me, or perhaps I thought the person was to me maybe not the other way.
Probably it was just my own imagination. Because I can't believe that person would do that.
Disappointed... Weather sucks. Hiaz...
Realli need a place to shout it out... All out... Sigh...
8:15 am;