I've learned my lesson, no matter how many times I tell myself, I still do it. No more. Full stop. End of story.
Luckily I decided to rush home first to drop off all the extra load, if not I'll be totally weighted down.
Acjc concert was a mixture of feelings. Of course it brings back memories, but more importantly of things I've missed out since enlistment. First will be my trumpet, tempted to go get one. Next was all my bandmates during my time. Then the all boys band in secondary. And during recruit band too.
El Bimbo and Hua Mulan were the first two pieces that I've played as a band recruit. Was kinda high and tough solo for someone who got arrowed to play, me. It was fun, practicing around the hall with your batch people, greeting seniors, watching the main band from far and wanting to be part of them asap. Then when I got it, it was soccer, soccer and more soccer after band. Band camps were also to die for, unlike those in college, girls.
Concert was great, liked the jazz part and the solo drummer was exceptionally good. Bad timing though, but had to cancel my driving lesson in order to attend it. Met a poly guy from Amanda Lim's band, small world to link up.
Lesson number one: Being nice never pays off, seriously...
Friday 16/05:
Peaceful day, unlike the other days. Wonderful.
After work, dropped by Chee Wee's house, quite nice and peaceful. Ate dinner with Alvin, James, Joe Cole and him at a place nearby, order egg, deer meat, mixed vegetables, baby kailan, kakong, sweet & sour fish and pork ribs. Joe was nice enough to drop me off outside the driving centre.
Driving was a little slow, first time in the night. Still having the same mistakes, but much better. The instructor is also much better this time. Step by step is the way to go isn't it?
You know I came across this article about 'Are local women all high maintenance?'
The answer to this question is so obvious that you don't need to be tele-pathic to know.
Here's what important things I've picked up:
Women demand equality in the social life, but they don't do so when it comes to going dutch for meals and other expenses.
Going for high-end labels and branded stuffs, splurging on such things and expecting guys to not spend on their gadgets, beer and cars.
Women choose over a not nice guy who has the dough rather than a nice guy without the dough. Giving reasons like practical, can't offer MY standard of living, rather keep mr nice as a friend.
Can't even cook some basic food and expect something in return from the guys.
Well it goes on, but this are more than enough.
It proves so much of a point, that makes one feel even more glad to have not gone through it, first-handedly. That's why its so great!! Haha, if you know one of my smaller goal/dream/target, totally matching isn't it?
LoL...
10:09 pm;