Okie, here's the weekend! Own time own target during classroom time, Pocco Rosso was nice. Looking for Laputa, wanna watch again... Gym was next, had to do even though of all the other suggestions. After that we all had a course soccer match on the field, the blue vs the white! Sun was hot man, but it wasn't that bad somehow. Playing field matches do really bring back a lot of memories.
A small sized guy like me, no height, no body strength, one would suppose that most sports aint suitable for me, especially soccer. That mentality stayed with me during secondary school days. However, whenever the band seniors got together to challenge other school's band or within our school's cca, I always got selected. Even when I was a freshman, always got to play in the match, perhaps not in starting line-up initially but at least managed to jump into action.
I played central defence, chasing down opposing strikers, challenging them for headers despite the height disadvantage. When I was full-back, I ran up and down tirelessly to cover the winger in front of me and to attack down the flanks. Central midfield required me to appear at more places at crucial times. Winger was basically attack, and more attack. Striking was the best, I just love it. Always close in on the defenders, trying to intersept poor passing and also chasing down balls pumped from defence. The feeling of scoring was always great, but I just didn't have the knack for it.
As far as 10 is concerned, it's a striker number. But I gladly gave it up to others who may fare better than me, like Jason, my vs band/good/rival friend. There was also Shufi, definitely, and also Vickie, the not-as-good version of Shufi. In all the matches I've played, I guess I netted only less than 10goals? Some of the good ones were back in Tpjc, the inter-faculty match where we were 2 goals down and needed to draw in order to qualify for the semi-finals. Among all the guys there, mostly soccer team or track team and I'm the only band member, LoL... Once I got the cleared ball from a corner at the centre of the field, I just dribbled halfway goalbound and shot outside the outer box. The ball just floated into the top right corner. From there, we drew the match, and made it to the finals only to lose at penalty kicks.
Another time was at a field near tpjc's S11, where we played a professional team. Coming back from 2 goals down, Boon Hwee netted with a beautiful head, Shufi with his magic and mine was a wonder long range shot. We celebrated like mad, and that team were punished by their coach. Well those were the days. Playing the other jc's band was fun too, the thrashing of Vjc (most of my friends were on the team so of course it felt great), the sweet revenge on Tjc (met Huilan, a primary schoolmate) but both matched I pretty much involved. Both knees bleeding when Ho Choi (my vs band mate too) at Tjc gave a wonder slide, didn't hurt at first but when the blood started to dry I could hardly bend my knees. Vjc I got kicked in the you-know-where by Mervin (my vs band/section/close) friend after he mis-kicked. Ouch man!
Beautiful memories indeed.
The day ended after some lessons, nothing much, home, finally can go online.
Saturday-Sunday 21/04-22/04:
Always wanted to keep it a secret, but its too exciting not to say it.
I've realised that I really love driving a lot. Whenever I'm behind the wheel, somehow time just passes so quickly. Both my 1hr40min long lessons just passed as though it was like 5mins. It reminded me of my love for flying back in Tamworth, also justifying with the things I'm doing now. All that studying and physical test, all explained for.
I have no complains.
I'm going to save the first person that I'm fetching, for a special someone!
Monday 23/04:
Aeromedical centre, our whole week of APT. Very tired in the morning, back to same time routine again. Lectures and more lectures, had a short break where we went to buy stuffs from the ninja van, saw Wei Lun downstairs doing his medical stuff, what a small world. Back for some gym, and little dinner before several round of badminton. Good wookout, pretty tired when I got back to bunk at about 9pm. The guys were at it but I decided to do some work.
Gave a birthday call to Kimmy, where she called me back later. By then I had already fell asleep waiting for her call. I was awaken by the ring tone, thinking it was morning alarm already. It was about 0135, so I slept for about half an hour or so. Somebody's finally 18, still remember she can't even watch those age 18 and above shows, haha.
Tuesday 24/04:
Had a really really beautiful dream, sweet! =p
I was as alert as a tiger the whole morning, lectures were a breeze but the turn and slip thingy really knocked me out. All that spinning and stuff really made me giddy and a little headache. After that I had lost my alertness already. The vertifuge was better somehow, I was super dis-orientated the second time round, crash and burn!
Afternoon, started to fight a little, but made it, watched a cool case study of F-16s dog-fighting, did the ejection seath thingy, the straps at my leg did hurt a little, too tight I guess. But the 6g wasn't really much, it happened to fast for your body to be able to react. There was a lot of recruits there, clearing their medical. One of them offered me coins to buy my drink despite me wanting to exchange for my notes.
Back to bunk, played half field soccer with the ground a little wet. We won 3-2, good game. Just some slipping here and there, funny at times. Dinner at the mess with noodles bought from outside, part of the course cohesion. Some relaxation time before reading up a little, hoping for another nice dream! =o
Wednesday 25/04:
Today we were supposed to have our Oxygen Trainer but due to time constraints I didn't had mine, pushed back to tomorrow. But in the afternoon was the night vision trainer, and my it was super tiring for the eyes. In a room of only red light, where we watched this video is mostly red words for about 35mins. It allows our eyes to get used to the dark, where it was seriously pitch black, I can't even see my own hands in front of my face. Felt kinda disorientated a little, wanting to get out of the room.
When the tests began, it was so-so, mostly quite confusing and the flashing of one eye was shocking. By the end of it, totally exhausted with just that session itself. Well it was time for our usual nights out, this time going to have dinner with 'jie'. Met her on the bus, ate at Tm's Mac, don't ask me why and also bought some things needed for camp. Met this girl whom Ridzuan knew during college days there also, with the previous time at the pool place. Joel was out with his 'meimei' at the Teppanyaki too.
Dad had to work through the night, so he was already resting back at home. Went back to camp and did some reading of the notes till 1am, some parts don't really understand, tomorrow's the chamber test!
Thursday 26/04:
Super awake during lectures, pretty amazed! Had 3 missed calls, found out it was CPT Frankie wanted to look for me through the SDO. Went to draw a g-suit, wonder what's going on... Fish for lunch was pretty good, so was the 'beehoon'.
Had our chamber run after lunch, but before that supposed to do the OST. However, the system failed on Tze How and I, so we were just verbally briefed. I suited up in the g-suit, the life vest and helmet. Went to a make shift cockpit to do some accessments. Was twisting my fingers literally hoping that nothing goes wrong. It would be so ridiculous to get 'chopped' by such minor things! Not by any fault of mine but by the way I am.
Chamber run was pretty okie, going from 0ft to 10000ft and back to 0ft and then 10,000ft again, before rapid accerleration to 25,000ft, did the test under low oxygenated air, missed some spot-the-errors and the picture differentiating. No harm done, I didn't feel much side effects at all, managing to recover after the full 3mins. Once done, we went back and prepared for a game of soccer!
And so it was the young ones vs the old ones! Crazy but true, 1986 vs the rest. Even though they got one man extra, we young ones were not to be denied! Haha, super good game, lasted an amazing hour and 45mins. Left overs from dinner and but to rest in bunk. Totally drained, mentally and physically.
Holiday? =p Soon soon...
11:01 pm;