Well like I said on Sunday, pretty much the same, just that there were a little more life today. Somehow it felt as though today was like a Tuesday, but it wasn't, which was also a good thing.
The home phone was ringing all morning, and I was too lazy to get up, so I just popped out my handphone and it rang. Magic isn't it? Well I was kinda invited to my favourite aunt's home to have a nice homely lunch with my cousins. Certainly a welcoming sight!
Spent about 3hours of my afternoon there, decided to bail out after my aunt wanted to give me my cousins' clothing because I mentioned that I didn't had time to buy new year clothes. They even forced me to draw numbers from a bag so they could buy lottery, unbelievable! Speaking of which, I took the opportunity to warm up my black monster collecting dust in my house.
My elder sister brought back some food from my younger uncle's home, so we ate that for dinner before making a trip to central for a walk. Met An Qi again, working this time at Tampines, hardworking to the max. Had some fun, also saw a more crowded place and also a lot of loaded secondary school kids. Just because of that, doesn't mean you can try to challenge your seniors okie? LoL... Not in another ten years!
Tuesday:
I slept around 4am, and got up on 11am, making 7hours, just nice for Saf standard, amazed. Kinda forgot to set my alarm, but managed to get up. Before setting off, froze at the door, wondering if I should just go on with it...
Knew that it would happen, but I chose to embrace it. So there was it, only the usual people early and the usual people super late, and mind you they all just woke up because of the phone calls we made to them. Total count was 1hr 33mins of waiting time, wow.
As soon as we got there, they whipped out the mahjong and table and there they go. Kinda got sucked into the 'The Myth' show running on the television. Serene was seating slightly northeast of me, so I also kept my eyes on the game too. An advisor you could say, multi-tasking too.
Later we had the steamboat where everyone gathered, pretty fun to see some of my classmates again. Some things never change doesn't it? For all I know, hell yeah! The mahjong resumed, and everyone left one by one, Esther also joined us later where she took over Serene's place. And of all the luck to come, she got them all. Unbelievable! Almost as if it was cheating!
Well I was laughing my head off as the others lost round after round to lucky Esther, and so she was the winner naturally. Been a while since I met her so it was good helping her out with the games. Hopped onto bus 23 and home it was, shortly after back to camp.
Didn't have much appetite for dinner, didn't feel very well at all but had no choice because of the appointment Cadet Wing Commander (CWC) going to be 'bestowed' onto me on Wednesday. Did some memorising of the commands for the Change-of-Command (COC) too. My camp pass snapped the moment I got out of the car, didn't notice till I was back in bunk, so I had to trail all the way back. Thank goodness I found it...
Wednesday:
"Huh edwin better do a good job ah, understand a not?"
"Yes madam."
There goes my two white bars and now with an additional fish on it. That's when all my troubles came. Sigh. And it goes on for a long time, I don't really want to whine about it here, because it comes with responsibilites. Thank goodness my commands were all on the spot.
The field pack inspection started out good, but later names came in because of reasons like dirty mugs and no batteries in their L-torches which are not really missing items. Well whatever it is, as the appointment holder, I'll get it together with them maybe even more even though I did remind them again and again over the PA system. Sigh. There goes my weekend...
My first official EODD, pretty fine, just a little jittery about the fact madam was sitting in, hearing our conversation. Only hoping that tomorrow's navigation exercise (navex) goes smoothly. Don't holland please!
Thursday:
Up early and dark, a quick breakfast before making everyone fall in with all their stuffs packed by 0700. Many forgot this and that and even had to make last minute rushes to the toilet. As if I don't need! But no choice... Drew the smoke and thunder flash and up onto the buses.
Dropped off at Rifle Range Road there, at Mandai where we set off in details, 5mins apart from each other. The first checkpoint (CP) took us about 2hrs45mins to find DICE. We couldn't find it exactly but instead found all the others surrounding it! Feeling a little tired already, we thought today would be a long day, and probably come in last...
Once at Log Point 2 (LP2), got our new co-ordinates and made our way to the next checkpoint. Took us about 1hr30mins to find it, but not without much effort put in. We met several details on the way, several SISPEC instructors and nature lovers. Give me the time and I gurantee you that you won't find me spending my free time hiking that place again, not with field packs containing 2X 1.5L bottles and all the ammo on me.
Got to LP3, only to tell us that we were exactly supposed to report to LP5, which was at least a full grid off! Luckily because it was the instructor's own mistake, we were given the green light to set off from there given the co-ordinates. Our next CP3 was horrendous, practically bashing through the jungle without a slight trace of path at all. Even though we were pretty sure about our bearings and pacing, the fact that it was so 'not-open' gave us doubts.
Thanking our lucky stars again, we found our last CP3, IRIS, and also a section of SISPEC warriors and another detail, whom were on their way to find their CP2, DICE. We rest a little before making our way back to LP2 which we 'parked' there, waiting for the rest to come back. And so we claimed first, coming back at 1352. Unfortunately, I was given instructions to settle all the details coming back, could't get the rest I needed.
Reached back to wing line and finally a much needed bathe. Nothing much from then on, EODD was fine too, this time much more confident. Pretty tired, buddy and I talked a little before getting some forty winks.
Friday:
Our bookout day! Rushed for our inter-detail volleyball competition, was very proud with my detail 6 for making it to the semi-finals only to crash out by the officers-on-course team which eventually went on to be the champions. It was fun alright, saw them again at the pool, didn't really know about it because of the games that were going on.
Rushed again because we had to leave wingline by 1130 and time was running short. A quick EODD before we packed up and gathered. A lot of instructions and adminstration stuffs to handle but all is done. Finally a breather on the bus, went to Sembawang AirBase for a visit.
As usual, waited at the RP there for donkey years, just like when I came as a FEP trainee. Visited the FSS, went up the 10storey control tower for a superb view. Totally could see Johor very clearly at the backdrop of all the HDBs and stuffs! Visited the CH-47s and also the flight simulator centre where we had a hands on try at them.
As soon as all were gathered, I was over-joyed to know that one of the coaches would be sending cadets to Tampines, the others were back to Safti and Yishun. Before I knew it, I woke up to a very welcoming sight of civilisation, and also home. We practically dropped of just outside the taxi stand of Century, totally awesome!
Reached home by 1800, first time in my OCS time that could bookout on a Friday. My parents were surprised to see me, whom later told me that we were going to eat dinner with my uncle who was going to celebrate his birthday. We went to the T2 and ate Crystal Jade, pretty nice and then to Swenson's for dessert! Saw a bunch of uncivilised first three months VJC students making a lot of noise and inconsideration to the other patrons.
Went out for a spin and also ate supper with Ridzuan at the usual Mannings coffeeshop, shocked to see a lot of chinese customers there. Came back and realised I left my msn on online mode and had a whole lot of people messaging me, my apologies!
11:53 pm;