AceCombat totally rocks, totally highly recommended with a black box. Only thing it lacks are the flares to avoid incoming missiles, other than that, perfecto! F-22A Raptor is the one, no doubt about it. How I wish my dad became an American citizen in the first place...
Why does it always rain whenever I go back? Oh well... Poor AO Alvin, went knocking and waking everyone up one by one to draw lots for the duty personel on weekends and public holidays, I got the XX again! Lucky!
Had trouble falling asleep, eyes and mind can't seem to settle down...
Patience, just that little bit makes a lot of difference, so many times has it happened. I must... I will...
Wednesday:
Lectures and more of them came our way. The guys were saying that one of the female lecturer was like a bamboo pole, and was like almost talking to herself, pretty hard to grasp what she's saying. I thought she was sweet, perhaps a little intimidated having 83 guys in front of her.
The conversation then went on to about girls (what else can guys talk about?). Just to cut short everything, I can tell you that looks does matter. Yes stop deceiving yourself. It does. Accept the reality. In order for you to actually get together (to be attached, not to be friends), there will be some physical attraction. Otherwise, you won't even get to know each other, and eventually get attached.
Do let me know on your views on this, especially for ones supporting the opposition stand.
After lunch, we went on a 'excursion' to Chong Pang camp (spelling unsure). The organisation of the visit was poorly done, going from one place and back again for lectures, introductions and show-&-tells. My flight took the more 'chui' bus, but I spent most of the travelling time sleeping.
The rest of the night was to ourselves, Hurray! Packed the field bag, ate CNY goodies courteousy of Samuel. I kept forgeting that I had already brushed my teeth, so when I snacked from someone's bag of goodies, I had to brush my teeth again. Guess that night was the most times I brushed my teeth.
Had a surprise fire drill, and we cleared it within 3mins, hope CPT Seah keeps her promise of not indenting lunch on Saturday!
Thursday:
For the 5km run, became the road marshaller. Before the run started, a flock of birds delicately flew over me. Kinda like how those air raids were done during WW2. Fed mosquitos, 100% kill ratio of 1hit 1kill. LoL. Took over CDO, praying for a smooth time, don't want to mess it up and sign extra.
Picked up Cpt David at the office, worried to learn of many people had already rolled to 130BWC. Pretty interesting lecturer, and boring content. It even touched on the Eqn of Continuality and Benoulli's Effect, Physics of Fluid from JC man! Everything returned to MR Soo already.
My day as the SDO was quiet, only the lunch hicup proved a little trouble. Jun Ting, my CDS, didn't return to replace me so I could get my lunch. It took me some time to get someone to stand by for me, so in the end I had only 5mins to eat. Ate halfway and had to leave already, the signing in by Jun Ting wasn't properly done too, almost got 2 extra man! Luckily I managed to sort it out with Master Steven. Thanks to Tian Cai for covering, did a fast march there, pretty tiring.
Had my dinner as probably the last cadet in OCS in the deserted dining hall. It was very peaceful, the people there were very nice too. I also had some luxury with the time because the guys were having admin time back at the wing. Spent a little time on the phone with Liwei, the duty room was as silent as I wished it could be.
Did my rounds, slept on the upper bed leaving poor Alvin AO doing his admin stuff at the computer.
Friday:
Earlier than usual, had to wake the wing up. Did my reporting of parade state and 5BX. Finally handover, wash my hands off all issues! Thankfully, all went well. Do it once, Do it Good!
Back with the flight guys, feels great. The lesson on risk management was cancelled because we were taught that during the CLT. Replaced it with the POI, better for now so next time would be less hectic. The next one was by a pilot, touching on the career path of the pilot trainees.
Out of 80 people going per year for BWC (my next training phase), only around 50 make it. And out of the 50, only 10 fighters, 20 helis and 20 transport. The other things he touched on was that two of the best from the course would be sent to Canada or USA for special training. Eventually, the rest of the fighters will go to France for the A4SkyHawk training. Competition will be tough, but I want to be part of it. I'm already all fired up for BWC!
Tough times don't last, tough men do.
Field pack inspection was good, no flaws but the rest of us just did the pushups together. Flight/Wing integrity? @.@ not that 20 meant a lot anyway. So what's the point in excellence? I sense a flaw in the definition of unity. Spent time at the recreation room, morale booster man! There actually is a television, unbelievable!
Saturday:
We could already sense bookout from the moment the 5km run ended. My status kinda ended already, so I had to run or see the MO. Wasn't sure whether my ankle could take it, so I participated. You wouldn't know until you try right? And so I managed to meet the mark, thankfully. If not must re-run!
The core value lecture was poorly organised, wasted time waiting for the technical difficulties faced. Watched the front part of Tears of the Sun as part of the lesson. Hate it when they do this, makes me want to finish the movie up somehow. Dont you? Today's value was Ethics.
We returned to do some area cleaning, had an inspection and off we were. Hitched a ride from Ying Xiong, what a small world it is! His mother actually opens a store at 800+ there, which is so near to my home. Almost as if I took a cab home like that! Good to be home.
Sunday:
Went to play pool with Ridzuan, then we did some shopping at NTUC to bring in camp. Bought FFX, finally but don't have the time to play. It was nice to meet up again.
Accompanied my sister to help her with the CNY gift for her future-in-laws. I saw a book by the SPI, read about the Tekong incident, so that was what happened. I wasn't really affected by anything though. But when I took the cargo lift to meet up my sister in B1, I went from 3 (I pressed down) to 4 then to don't know where. The screen showing the floor in the lift was showing an asterix. I checked the panel, but it showed no light on the level. I pressed to confirm, but it won't light up. I freaked out, and I was also holding my breathe (the lift stinks).
Thankfully I ended in B1. Can't describe...
Oh I met my secondary school History teacher, Mr Khoo. The one who recommended me to be a prefect but I rejected because I was in love with being in the band. He still remembers that I was in the band too! Had a catching up chat, exchanged numbers and spilt. I ate dinner with my family with my sister's boyfriend at Cartel.
Back to you know where... Once you get used to it, you're immuned.
3:31 pm;