Going into OCS was just like enlisting into BMT, the feeling of 'siansation'. But this time its slightly better. I always wanted to come here, worked hard in BMT, but now the situation is a little different.
Having lost some physical condition, it was somehow hard to begin with. At least try to make it through the first week? *Crossing fingers*
Safti MI is a really big place, we were oriented around it by jogging in our super skimpy pt kit. Other than the usual 'knock-it-down' here and there, everything pretty fine. A step at a time, would bring me closer to the final destination, with less worries and anxiety.
Tuesday:
Back to the usual 0545 fall in, the good old days. Pt a bit 'xiong', especially the part where we had to hold our legs up in the air while lying down. Pushup also can feel the strain from yesterday's counts. 'Nuai' already...
Half-naked, we did pt and went for a short jog, around 1.5km. It was still okie I guess. Still can manage. I also got my pt shirt exchanged to a XL, LoL, with all that rushing to fall in. Also had to drink from someone else's bottle.
Had a short MO briefing, both the army and navy people came for recruitment talks. PTI talk was a bit crazy, just totally spoilt the whole day. Changing sides and unable to count strength quickly enough.
Dinner took 10mins, platoon 1 got whacked pretty badly as I watched from the bunk. Tomorrow's 5metre confidence jump and tower would be pretty terrifying, slept at 2130, reverly would be 0500.
Wednesday:
Great TURN-OUT! At 4am man... I forgot to mention they took our watches and handphones last night. The reason was a fire drill, me and my buddy, Timothy, stayed in our room as LTA Ang told us to, being casualties? Lucky I guess, they got it downstairs...
The 5metre jump seemed short from the stadium, but long when I took the plunge. All I know was to get to the surface when I landed inside, do it once and good. Some even did 3, LoL, can get diver's batch already? Haha...
The tower was mad, 256steps in total, we also had to make war cries all the way up. Shagged man, I feel as feel my thighs were toned well into shape already, and also like I couldn't even control it while going down the steps.
Not that my flu and cough were getting any better with the cool dip, dive and climbing, they gave us curry noodles for breakfast. We rushed to change and later congratulate several senior cadets for getting their 3stripes. Next was a get-to-know talk with our PC and also the other instructors and the platoon too at the Cadets' Mess.
The school had christmas celebration programme just for us, it was quite fun, the Mc, teochew act, all the carolling, food wasn't bad just that there wasn't enough to go around by the time I reached the front of the queue.
Had a relaxing frisbie competition, my section lost out on all games, but at least gained by knowing each other. You can call it winning by other ways. The instructors barely won by a final score of 3-2 and by the way their team's name is 'Try-Me'. Haha...
Dinner packed at the wing common area, standardisation of the bunks, RO and rest. Tired man.
Thursday:
Today did 3km run already, 2laps around half of Safti MI, still manageable, just that I had to rush to the toilet straight after I finished the run, answer nature's call.
A day of leadership lectures, pretty dry but useful. Almost all those big shots in our wing, did the lectures on us.
Had a section bonding session with our section commander, LTA Isaac Ho. Played the 'wacko' game and the card game. Faisal and Gregory forfeited the last 2 rounds and had to do the passing of the card with only with the mouth. Super funny, whole section almost died of laughter. The card game, won 1 out of the 2, actually supposed to be 2, but Lester and I decided to call it a draw.
At a late night talk with out 3 platoon instructors, most of the guys were already very tired and barely taking in all the information. Really hope we can give the field camp a miss...
Friday:
Woke up as if I just closed my eyes, luckily no 5bx for today, straight to the cookhouse. The cats there were like all over with their mating calls and stuff, kinda hard to get some peace.
Gathered at the CA room for another PTI talk, learned quite useful information. Also not forgetting the silly things we did, shifting row by row and all that jumping jacks and bag over head.
Next up was the talk on our presentation skills, extremely useful and relevant to the things I know. The presenter really did a good job. Lunch was another rush, another talk by an retired COL on Singapore's diplomatic relations. To some extent were the information true, but truly an eye-opener.
Packed my pack 1 to 4, putting a lot of effort not to forget, especially pack 2! Couldn't really decide what to hear to bring me to sleep. Bags and room mostly packed for tomorrow's big rush, and also the IPPT category test.
Saturday-Sunday:
IPPT was pretty alright, rushed here and there because we didn't want to push back the timing of our bookout. Our breakfast and lunch were pathetic totally, insufficient for each and to go around too. Lectures at the Cadets' Mess and MA, watched parts of Band of Brothers, which were used to help aid the teaching of the values needed to instill in us.
A day of highs and lows of emotions, my sister and mom insisted on fetching me all the way from Tampines, even though they just left home, waited like a big fool. By the time they got there, I was the last few. Major jams in the highways, fell asleep.
Home at last, but not for long. Went to meet Wang Roan for dinner at Parco, Pasta Mania. Shopped a little for people's christmas present at Seiyu, then later to City Hall to meet Guang Liang. Haha, 'botak' head. Disturbed him a little, LoL, but when its time means its time, no choice.
Had to leave them to meet my cousins, went to his friend's house to play mahjong. Time flew very quickly from 10pm plus to next day 7am. Was very tired already, and walked in the heavy rain, had a quick bathe and jumped into bed, only 4hours of sleep to accumulate.
Another quick bathe, went to meet Xueyu for lunch at Takashimaya. Before that, helped her to shop her stuffs, then later mine, and finally hers again. The lunch was absolutely wonderful, I'm definietly going to eat it next time I'm there and also think about it when I'm back to camp tomorrow.
Went back to Tampines for the last gift, then on to Starbucks for a coffee. Talked a little, saw An Qi, doing bar test, and so happened the ones taking the test were friends of Xueyu. Small world indeed.
Met Serene to catch a movie, 'The Stone Family', pretty alright I guess. She did a little last minute shopping, before I sent her off to the train. Rushed home to get my stuffs straight into order. Tomorrow, back to square one again. 1week and 3days more before phase 2 starts... Sigh...
10:35 pm;