I envy no man, becos I got to soar the skies and taste true freedom...
Friday, December 02, 2005
Just had a major quarrel with my dad. It all boiled down to the promise he made to me.

"Son, if you make it to university (local only), I would work till you graduate to pay for it, where I will retire and then go back to Malaysia".

Two years ago, I was in a big mess. I got tons of commitment, many of them coming from band. My studies were down the drain, either I managed to scrap through, or I would flung them. I guess that's the best encouragement a father could give to his son, in the form of a small promise.

Yes, a promise. But he broke it.

Study loan? Fine. Then don't give empty promises to your own son in the first place. Now with my current situation, I'm lucky that my university fees are covered. And yes, no thanks to him.

First you stopped me from pursuing sailing when I was in primary. Then it was band in secondary. And even disapproved of me realising my dream now?

I had enough. It's not that I didn't make your wish come through by being the only person to be in university from our family. I always what you wanted, constantly chasing the expectations you wanted. Even studying in Victoria was YOUR choice, not mine. I just wanted to go to a nearby school. Everything is about YOU, YOU and YOU. Never about ME!

Even when I was in Australia, where I came upon this cross junction in my life, you haunted me. The next day's test would determine whether I could continue on to pursue my dreams, depending on how I performed. Do you know how it feels to do something that your own most beloved dad doesn't even approve or support you? I even thought of failing it, intentionally.

All this was not enough for you? It's never enough isn't it? Never. I had enough.

I going to go get some breeze, and that place would be just the spot. Heck the rain, nothing's going to stop me anymore.
9:23 pm;

a.
1.

2.

3.

4.

b.
1.

2.

3.


c.


.

planes.
CT4B - AGC [150805-170905] S211 - BWC [150107-251007] EC120 - RWC [121107-261108]

archieves.

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com