I envy no man, becos I got to soar the skies and taste true freedom...
Saturday, September 17, 2005
Had a beautiful sleep, woke up at 7am, decided to get up and finish up on the final part of packing. I changed into the formal wear and made my way to the tea room. The weather outside was scary, dark gloomy clouds and very strong winds. It blew so hard that I was practically shivering inside out. Both my ears and hands were numb.

"Will the flight be cancelled because of this? Nooo..." I thought to myself...

After I was done, I went back where Jeff came shortly and inspected our rooms before we hopped into the van. He brought us to the airport, where we checked in, took photos and chilled at the restaurant.

Tamworth Airport

Finally, we are returning back! I had a window seat, extremely excited! The plane took off from 30R and later did a left 180degree turn, where I took a very nice picture of the entire airport, a view which we would see when doing circuits on 30L. Magnificent! On the plane, we were like joking about doing all the checks and stuff, which was really fun. I was glad that someone was flying the plane and not me. Stress free~ The view was magnificent, all the way to Sydney, where I saw and got a photo of the famous Opera House. =p

Upon touchdown, we went around to eat at a foodcourt, walking around the shops later. Got our boarding passes and checked in, as usual we got interogated and had to flash our 11Bs. We had about 2hours to kill before our flight back to Singapore so we were like playing bridge at a cafe. We stopped when Garret heard that some of our names were being called over the PA system. We hurried down to the departure gate, only to find out that they were just helping us to change some of our seats so we could at least sit closer to each other. We thought the plane's schedule had been brought forward or something.

The plane's inflight entertainment system was screwed up, took a long time before we could watch the movies. Qantas is definitely better than British Airways. Once again, I had window seat, too good to be true! I watched Madagascar, Mr and Mrs Smith and Michael Buble's music concert. Superb entertainment! I thrashed the AIs in English Chess, Checkers and Golf. I picked the wrong menu for dinner, really regreted, the beef one was much nicer. Darn!

During the flight, Garret and I got up to go to the toilet. We saw people taking cameras and stuff, taking pictures outside, so we were wondering what was so nice to take at 13200ft. We bent down and so a tremendously beautiful sunset. It was nothing like I've ever seen, I had to grab my camera too! I spent some time watching the darkness 'eat' up the sun from my window seat, my mind was totally in peace. How nice.

Garret and I were counting down to the time where we would be arriving in Singapore, adjusting our watches back to Singapore time. I was too excited to really get some sleep, and we had to take the longer way to land in Changi Airport. Passed by tekong, where I used to stare at planes when I was still a recruit and saw the dreaded Changi Ferry Terminal.

Touch down, the moment we all have been waiting for! We gathered and cleared the customs, and a great sense of belonging. We as citizens don't have to fill up and clearance cards or check identity or any troublesome matter. The sight of Singaporeans and speaking of Malay was a pleasant welcome to me. We bought wines, beers and liquors before collecting our bags and heading out.

Saw my mom straight out, and beside her my dad. I'm so fortunate to have such caring and supportive parents. I saw Christopher too, talked to him later, forget to take picture with him in my excitment, wasted. But thanks for coming down bro, I appreciate it. =p Left in the same old family car and first was to get some good Singaporean, Chinese, Spicy food. Bought bbq stingray, something we were all craving back there in Australia.

Went online, updated all the written blogs and all my online matters, couldn't really finish it. But I'm so glad to be back in Singapore. -sigh-

10:30 pm;

a.
1.

2.

3.

4.

b.
1.

2.

3.


c.


.

planes.
CT4B - AGC [150805-170905] S211 - BWC [150107-251007] EC120 - RWC [121107-261108]

archieves.

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com