Today's DOB was so short, and Chee Wee got to do it, lucky him! And there were eight left, I was the newly appointed FAK Ic, so I had to make a long trip to the Ops Room and had to wait as 1st Sgt Clemence still had not come. LoL, each one can straight away draw one each, no need to fight for the FAK no more.
CPT Patrick Foo was taking me today, the preflight brief was very fast, and the time to fly came very fast. But before that, Chee Wee, Alvin, Aaron and I was in the classroom, discussing about our course slides, and I was doing the timing and animation stuffs.
The three of them left very quickly, leaving me to wait for CPT Foo for a long time, as he was drinking coffee in the Ops Room, having a nice chat with Sgt Clemence. When it was time, I wasn't as anxious I used to be when I was still under COL Kao.
I messed up the R/T for Ramp out as I added the ATIS code inside, I also taxi the wrong way, but later recovered, what an embarrassment! Everything was fine, I forgot about the 90kts checks, but the rest was fine. The wind kept pushing me to the right of Sugarloaf Mt which gave me a lot of correcting to do. I was heading to Gunnedah to do circuits.
The journey was fine, once reaching there, enjoying the new view and also the circuits. Having CPT Foo to me is better than COL Kao I guess, he likes to point his instructional directions, like LAPA scan but waving his hand around the canopy and telling me what direction I should head by setting the yellow marker on the HSI.
Circuits was fine, just that I always ended up 'hot', which means high and a little fast. Left after doing about 4-6circuits, recovery was as normal and the both of us was talking, something I never did with COL Kao during flights. I asked about why he ended up being a pilot and talked to him about what type of a pilot I wanted to be and why.
He debriefed me in a small room, and it ended pretty fast too. Soon it was EODD but I had a few things to do first. I had to grab lunch quickly, pass tomorrow's schedule to Garrett, inform Tze How to look for CPT Foo and also sign in and return the FAKs. Luckily Chong Pei helped my to return them to Sgt Clemence so I can have a breather just after my flight.
We EODD and finished up by 1230. It was so fast, we were of course delighted. Went back and teamed up with Chee Wee to run through Metal Slug 4, and then watched "Kung Fu Hustle" with Alvin and Tze How too. After that I went back to my room and chilled out, running music and CM4 on my labtop.
Dinner was great, with curly fries, long beans, cakes and noodles that taste like Hong Kong Noodles from the coffeshop near my home. Watched Simpsons, just like everyday, only now very little left. We also played bridge and I can see that I have rusted a little, shuffled the cards a little more times than I would usually do. My points either seem to be short of 4 or wouldn't even exceed 10, how pathetic! Oh well, I guessed I had already used up my luck and Chee Wee challenged me to three games of BlackJack. The first hand I had "Ban Luck", second I got three cards adding up to 21, so I won, LoL..!
10:26 pm;