I envy no man, becos I got to soar the skies and taste true freedom...
Saturday, September 03, 2005
Woke up, thankfully no headache, unlike Chee Wee, LoL. A great day awaits us, so came breakfast where MAJ Haycinth Tan joined us and also talked a little over the table. I already had my bag and armed with my wallet and camera all ready to rock the town. First wave left straight after breakfast.

First, we went to K Mart to look for Coco-Cola, something I have not been drinking since day one here, I'm myself didn't realize that. I bought a pair of slippers for my sister and a polo t-shirt. Chee Wee and I carried the 30can pack to the drop of point and waited for second wave to come. It so happened to be a bus stop and I was greeted by the sight of the conditions of the buses here, absolutely splendid!

We visited a nearby electronics shop looking for a thumb-drive, but the Australians seem not to know of its name. I think they call it a memory stick here? We joined up with half of the guys and 5 of us broke away of it. They were Alvin, Ben, Leon, Andrew and me. We walked down the street, stopping at any shops anyone wanted to have a look.

It was a whole lot of fun and tiring too, shopping is totally not for me, so we dropped by the Africa Restaurant after painting the town red. It was a total experience for me as the furnishing was too good to be true. It was small but cosy, had a nice ambience and also most importantly, good food! We initially thought that it was a one man show restaurant where an Australian was taking the order and also cooking up a storm in the kitchen.

We could see him batter the meat and cook it too, where an African guy named Elliot, the owner of the restaurant showed up. He's a great guy, with superb culinary skills and a good host too. He has plans to migrate to Singapore, but that's only after two more years, having enough money by then to set up the restaurant. We totally supported him, and we all thought that if he were to do that, he would certainly make a lot of money and probably Jacks Place would close down.

The ribs and steak was simply mouth-watering, the quantity was humongous too, unbelievable! We also opened a bottle of wine, where Ben and Leon didn't know how to appreciate it, so they came up with mixing wine and Sprite, which actually tasted quite okie. Not only did it make it drinkable for them, it was a totally fresh idea too!

We headed to Big W and made up with the rest on the bridge. They were like taking pictures with graffiti, which was found drawn on the supports of the bridge. So we joined them and took an almost full course photo. It drizzled a little on the way to Big W and got colder. We came upon a shop where I found a sword that was like what Aragon used in the LOTR movies, way cool! Too bad it can't go through the customs, if not I would have got it for sure.

Cab fare was a scare again, this time costing A$17.90. Ouch! Slacked throughout the day, watching movie and drinking coke, and dinner came pretty soon. I was so filled up with meat for lunch that I had almost zero appetite. Kelvin, Tze How and I left early to watch football on television where the All Blacks were up against the Wallabies. It was the first time I really enjoyed watching football, and of course I still love soccer.

Didn't get to finish watching it where Australia was putting up a great comeback, Leon wanted to get his poster from me so when he came into my room, he hooked up with my LOTR game. He practically went the hours on it, well I wasn't surprised. I finally managed to call home after so long, but it was only after a frustrating time, where I wasted many 20cents coins. I was very angry with my sister disconnecting me and also because she was using MSN to talk to Jonathan, hogging up the phone. I had a great chat with mum, something I never did even after all these years. How I miss life used to be, but I'm already used to how life is here. Drinking games and movies went on, I retired to bed at around 1plus in the morning.

Don't have to thank me for calling, it was mutual. Oh well, wonder if you could ever bend away from rules and conformity, but I guess not. Don't know what to say, probably just be far-sighted. Catch what I'm implying and it would make life easier for you, although a little trouble may arise, but ultimately it would be worth it! Foresight.
10:30 pm;

a.
1.

2.

3.

4.

b.
1.

2.

3.


c.


.

planes.
CT4B - AGC [150805-170905] S211 - BWC [150107-251007] EC120 - RWC [121107-261108]

archieves.

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com