The usual stuffs, I had my flight on wave three. My preflight brief wasn't that great, because it was sortie six and I had to give it instead of receiving one. Oh well, life still goes on, same goes for Aaron too, having the same instructor made us better friends, and I'm glad that happened. It only when a group of people whom are put up under some hardship, which results in bonding and friendships.
My flight was good initially, and deteriorated as time when by. Taxying to R/W 30L was bad, partly because it was my first time using it and also because the ground traffic was pretty heavy. The weather wasn't perfectly good, wind was slow but clouds were all over the sky, overcast in other words. As I climbed to 3000ft passing Melville Range, had some turbulent winds, and also almost throughout the entire flight. The clouds were mostly at 5000ft, so I did the profile at 6000ft, which resulted in a massive drop of my MAP to about 23".
Medium level turns was fine, checks went well, but it started to go wrong when I was doing the final approach configuration stall where I got myself into trouble by turning into clouds. After the recovery from the stall, I totally forgot about my flaps which were at full, and that mistake could be fatal for the actual test. The circuits wasn't good as usual but I did improve today, quite stressful doing it, where the mind must be thinking about HHSS, downwind checks, 1.5chords and traffic.
Once touched down, COL Kao taxi us back instead and took the time to talk to me, telling me about my mistakes and stuff, it was the first time he did it with me. He was in a average mood, so I hope I didn't made it any worst for Aaron whom was flying directly after me. Once it was over, I could only think of the weekend to come.
MAJ Haycinth Tan would be taking us out and he's a very nice man, always giving us additional information which helps us cope better with the workload and stress. After dinner, the people who had cleared test 1 already paid for the drinks and ordered pizzas. Most of us were outside under a shelter, seated in a circle, Aaron popped a bottle for me and I just joined in the gang.
We were enjoying and celebrating in the television room, taking photos, drinking, eating, watching Coyote Ugly and having lots of fun. I got a little high from the drinking and my face got a little red, but not as much as Ben and Chee Wee. One by one fell to the attack from the 'Z' monster which was only natural, after a long week. A new experience for me, and a long way of life to go, peace out!
10:30 pm;