Meiyi did the last Ops Brief for the 08/05 and it had a good one. I was the first wave, kind of anxious in the morning. I even forgot that I was flying today during breakfast and almost drank milk as I would normally add it to coffee to get a latte. Luckily my friends reminded me, so I didn't let up in the cockpit.
My gloves was messed up, taxying was a great experience, veering right and left. I tend to keep more to my left probably because I was seated to the left. COL Kao did most of the things, I was a little disorientated and lost inside the cockpit. Taking off was yet another experience, the view spectacular.
I tried first hand of keeping level and straight and it was cool. We moved around the training sectors, showing me the prominent landmarks and locations of the towns, rivers, roads and junctions. He taught me how to turn and it was pretty easy. Soon I was turning from one Curlewis to one of the lone hills to Gunnedah and to Duri Mt, practice makes perfect, can't say I one yet, but I'm aiming to be one.
COL Kao did some acrobatics which was a first time experience for me. I can't describe it totally in words but just a rough gauge. The 180degrees loop was like when pitching up, I felt weightlessness totally, then when totally inverted at the top, I didn't even feel the tension of the seatbelts acting on my shoulders, I was looking out from the cockpit in almost 360degrees directionally, way cool! Then when the plane was leveling off, a sudden gush of G-forces acted, from the top of the body and face. It's like squeezing your face into a small box like that.
Thankfully I didn't get airsick because that's the last reason I need causing me to get chopped off from the course. But I did bulge out, which smelled of the sausage I ate this morning, guess that would mark the end of sausage eating days. Around 45mins into flight, I already wanted to get back to solid ground, 1hr seemed to long to stay for a first time with acrobatics.
COL Kao did touch and go twice, I was glad for nothing as I thought he would be already ending our lesson. He was doing gliding and gave me a view from low-level flying, darn cool. Super duper experience! We landed nearing the hour mark and I taxi-ed the plane back to the parking bay. I passed GH1 and boy was I glad I was back to ground. My hair was messed up that it was like natural spike and face a little pale, must be because all the blood rushed down due to the G-
forces.
We had a little talk with a visiting full COL with a MAJ. They had lunch with us, together with MAJ Kullar and MAJ Ralf. I sat with the MAJ and MAJ Ralf, it was enriching to hear them speak of their experience and stuffs. It was great time spent, between instructors and students.
Returned to accommodation blocks and it was a ghost town, most of the guys were sleeping. I was up, reading my book and playing CM for a little while before reading up on a little of tomorrow's MB4. We went dinner, came back and I took another bubble bath. Haha..
Started to revise everything again, from start to taxying to taking off and everything. A few of us level 1 people gathered in Vincent's room and talked a little 'cock', which was great because it helps us to forget about out stress for a while. Later Wen Xiang and I were in my room doing the whole procedures together. We both flew today but not tomorrow so we planned to go to the mock up while the others are flying to do some more 'live' practice.Pretty tired already, just I'm turning in already, hope the last 4 CFs returning today won't celebrate by singing or whatever that disturbs the rest. *Prays*
10:30 pm;