I envy no man, becos I got to soar the skies and taste true freedom...
Thursday, August 25, 2005
What a day it turned out to be. My second flight and a series of troubles came. Breakfast I ate very little because I was flying today. Little did I know just before it commenced, I felt hungry already, oh wells, just got to eat more I guess, second wave can afford to.

Had a pre-flight brief together with Aaron with COL Kao, it was good, knew mostly everything think he could ask so no more worries that he’ll assume I didn't study or stuff. Aaron flying the 4th wave today, which was also the last one, which to me is a very bad timing.

It began all well, my checks and taxying, glad everything is coming out almost smoothly and my mind not playing tricks on me. I made the R/T call for ramping out, with the Australian accent, haha! However when we took off, things turned bad. I did badly for the instructions and stuff, giving wrong answers for the questions he asked. It was very depressing, especially when you know it but your mind just goes blank.

After passing Melville Range, it all came back again, all was well. I did the required FILE check and he gave me a thumbs up. I was like, proud of myself and smiling already. He thought me climbing and descending, accelerating and decelerating and an introduction to mid level turn. I practiced accelerating and decelerating from Thunderbolt Mt. to Gunnedah, to and fro, thankfully I picked up his teachings fast.

As soon as he said make a turn and head for home, I was kind of happy that it went by almost smoothly, unlike Sortie 1, where I messed up all the checks. The last of all, FIRHA check went well, I even made the R/T call, glad man. Recovery was not very smooth, I missed the T-Junction to made the 5NM R/T call.

Taxying after touch down was a let down, I messed up increasing the throttle by too much of an increment. I also messed up the turn, first turning too late and then later anticipating the turn, running one wheel off the track onto the grass. Yikes! I also did R/T for ramping in, even when unbuckling also I got it, big time.

Next time I should do things a little slower, but other than those things, I think I did well for what the sortie required me of. My tummy was rumbling so I went to fill it up with the sandwiches, advised Aaron later before meeting Leon in the library to study for a while.

EODD, MAJ Kullar wasn't happy after he heard we were not prepared for yesterday's MB4 so he gave a little dressing down, we were all stressed out, together with what our instructors gave us while in the air. Many of them already having negative thoughts and wanting to choose the easy way out of quitting, this is very demoralizing for me, contagious too. MB5 by CPT Wong was great, I kind of read so I was like answering most of the questions he propped, until to a certain point where he shrugged me off whenever I raised my hand. LoL..

We had our own EODD in the classroom, and shared many experience, pointers and lessons learnt, course effort and spirit. We headed out for dinner, first time in flight suits, and the breaded chicken was very nice, especially with the sauce, I loved it! The rest of the night was used to reflect on today's flight, prepare tomorrow's flight and MB6. There was a lot to be done, and I also wanted to call back to Singapore but I couldn't afford the time, besides there was a little queue.

Everyone wants and needs to be cheered up in order to brave the storm, even me, sigh, if not we’ll be returning to Singapore very soon and I don't want that to happen, not me. But it’s real tough, I almost to my limits already, what can I do? I'm only looking forward to the weekend and hopefully the trip to town for the first time on Saturday can perk me up, perhaps even spending of some money? I don't know..

Dear Maz and Clement, received your smses, sorry I can't reply as I'm in Australia, thought you two knew, my apologies..
10:30 pm;

a.
1.

2.

3.

4.

b.
1.

2.

3.


c.


.

planes.
CT4B - AGC [150805-170905] S211 - BWC [150107-251007] EC120 - RWC [121107-261108]

archieves.

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com