I waited in the Coy's office for the COS to supervise my admission to the Medical Centre (MC). Plt Sgt David was like talking about his past experience with girls and all his desperation. It was kinda funny hearing some of the things he said. Sgt Arfan brought me to the MC, I even had to march there, felt it was quite nonsensical. No matter how ill you are or how your injury hurts, it doesn't matter, just march there.
The MC was a no-no place for me, I could feel all the germs, bacteria and viruses in the air. Felt totally out of place, the people there were mostly suffering from the 'Tekong cough' and were like going at it non-stop. It took quite a while before I was attended to, roughly a hour or so. I heard pretty nasty sutffs about the Medical Officers (MOs) and was quite afraid intially. The Cpt in room 4 turned out to be a nice guy who was professional and concerned.
After the consultation, I found myself in the treatment room on the operation table. He gave me a round, not one, of anathestical injections which really hurt very badly. Imagine injections around your big toe, where there are little fats and muscles and the worst was the spot in between the big toe and the second one. The pain escalated with each time a new spot was to be poked. Being quite fearful of needles and together with the pain, I couldn't help but to clench my fist and teeth and started to shiver a little. The medic told me to relax and held me down by my shoulders. Kinda drama isn't it? But it really hurt that badly, no joke.
Once the anathestic took place, all went well, I didn't even feel any pain when he was operating on my toe. I didn't even felt his hand holding on the my toes. I got a bandage on my toe, a big one and limped back to Coy line. I had excuse from footwear and running for one week. When I got back, went to lunch by myself, where I met my platoon on the way there. I looked pathetic, with my admin attire and slippers while they were in smart 4. Had a nice western meal to bring up my morale and ice cream too at my own time own target!
I got back just in time for punishment for stand-by area and I was excused to my toe, felt a little left out. Next on the lesson plan was more weapon technical handling, the different positions with the weapon and loading/unloading of magazines. Ali got pumped by PS for sleeping, LoL. We took time to clean our weapons too, where I mastered the art of obtaining very clean barrels. The platoon hit the floor again for slow movements, which was unfair in this senario as the the time they gave us to move was not even up.
We had a little slack time after dinner before we sent arms downstairs. By 2145 we were up in our bunks ready for admin time. I was in no condition to be first into the toilet and had to tape a bag to prevent my bandage from getting wet. Like so 'kuku' with the bag on. Tingfeng also 'suaned' me, but Ray got back at him for me, thanks! Kinda depressing day as a whole, and also because Xueyu told me she was watching a movie, made me think of civilian life again. Just turned in for the night at about 2200.
10:30 pm;