I envy no man, becos I got to soar the skies and taste true freedom...
Friday, April 08, 2005
Judgement day, Independence day, Enlistment day. After so long of holidays it finally came down to it. And I'm dreading over it. Couldn't really sleep well, was thinking about how life would be in there. Wonder if there's anything that can help the brain 'sleep'? I had to report like 0830. So I was really sleep deprived from the early morning call, also due to the fact I was packing throughout the night. My parents were excited and woke me up at 0630.

Left home with my sisters seeing me off till the car, waving their hands. It reminds me of scenes of Titanic where it begun its (fatal) maiden voyage at the harbour with friends and relatives waving goodbyes. We went for breakfast at a nearby coffeeshop. I was tired so they left me in the car to catch some forty winks.

Reaching the ferry terminal, we were given really bad directions by the ushers there. At the checkpoint, I was segregated just like all the enlistees as they pasted a red circle sticker on us, like the blue (not sure if it is the correct colour) star the Nazis put on the Jews. The ferry ride is just a meer 15mins ride, to my surprise. Upon reading the sign 'Welcome to Pulau Tekong", we were seperated from our parents. They took away our pink IC and gave us a sling bag along with a phone card. Inside the goodie bag was our 11B, ID tag, posting our company with our platoon and section included. I'm in 'P' Coy! I asked around and almost all of the guys were from 'O' Coy. Seems odd..

In the auditorium, we rehearsed the oath taking, singing of National Anthem and the School 2 keep still there and sit easy and did it in the presence of our parents. I couldn't spot my parents when they were getting seated. But I found them straight away when my mom stood up during the CO's speech to go to the ladies. -.-" So embarassing, lucky nobody knows. =p We stood in two lines outside the auditorium and waited for our parents to pick us up and headed straight to the cook house. I met Jiahui in the canteen, he's in 'O' Coy and I'm not. We had western meal and I wasn't in the right mood to eat. Very soon, we sent our parents off to the terminal ferry. It has finally begun..

We were split into our different platoons in the nearby training sheds and marched back to our company line. We dropped our civilian bags and gathered at the basketball court to retrieve our tuffer bags and field bags. We checked our equipment and brought everything back to our bunks which was on the 4th level for goodness sake. We tried on our issued items before changing to admin attire for lunch.

A boring day filled with adminstration stuffs basically. Gave home a buzz even thought it was aand received much needed support from my family. My first lesson learnt in army, treasure your loved ones, especially your family. I never knew how much I would miss them and home even though we do quarrel and squabble at each other. For about 15mins, I just teared uncontrollably in silence. Had no trouble falling asleep after that even though I used to be an owl for the past 5 months.
10:30 pm;

a.
1.

2.

3.

4.

b.
1.

2.

3.


c.


.

planes.
CT4B - AGC [150805-170905] S211 - BWC [150107-251007] EC120 - RWC [121107-261108]

archieves.

Free Web Counter
Free Web Counter Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.comGet awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com